Tuesday, August 7, 2012


The opening scene to one of the funniest videos of all time.

I really enjoy the Olympics.  There have been a few years where I don't catch much of it and I kick myself later.  After all, that's four years I have to wait to catch the next go around.  Four more years before I can see men and women do amazing things with the human body in gymnastics.  Four more years before we see 4 or 5 more world records broken in swimming (it is amazing how the records just fall in the Olympics as people push themselves further than they ever have before).  Four more years before we get to see oddball sports like Handball, Judo, or hyper-competitive Ping-Pong...er, Table Tennis.


Worst of all, it might be four years before I see one of the funniest videos ever made Click Here To See It.  The funny thing about the video is how they mockingly portray two men who want to compete in synchronized swimming.  The crazy thing is that there are women who actually want to compete...and do. It is a strange sport anyway, but watch this routine and try not to have nightmares (be sure to turn the volume up, too)...



I think it is very impressive that they are able to do these movements in near perfect synchronization.  but it is hard to take a sport seriously when the participants look like a 1980s Glamour Shot gone bad.  I mean, I realize that much of the 1980s fashion has just gotten to eastern Europe and that might explain the swimmers' outfits, but the makeup is too much for any region, generation, planet.

I don't know if you caught any of the semifinals or finals in tennis, but they were amazing.  The last two matches with Federer might have put Olympic tennis into a new stratosphere.  A four hour dog fight between an 8 seed and Federer that takes over 5 games in the final set to win.  A sound thrashing of the #1 women's player in the world by a nearly washed up Serena Williams.  Then Federer, the men's #1 player in the world, gets stomped by the hosting country's player for the gold.  And all of this taking place at Wimbledon.  Amazing.

Well, I have put in a solid effort watching the Olympics this year and have enjoyed it. I won't have to kick myself for missing all of the cool summer sports this time around...and it reminded me to watch the funniest swimming video ever.  Now if I can just get a peaceful night's sleep without having nightmares about the Russian swimming duet being under my bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment